Tuesday 9 April 2013

Names...


I was thinking about deleting this blog as I wasn't entirely sold on the name.
However I convinced myself I was satisfied (I'm a very indecisive person) and left it.

This lead me on to think about names in general.
In short, they are just a few sounds strung together that a couple of people give you before they even know much about you. 
It's kinda strange when you think about it that way, however I don't believe a lot of people do.

Think of all the names you know, and how much that makes a person or a thing, that particular person or thing. 
Without their name, they seem to have lose essence of their being.
How would we differentiate things without names? Would we just have to rely on the mere sight of the thing that we wanted to refer to?

I guess we'd end up with names eventually. Names have been used since human existence, I'm guessing.
How else would we progress as a race? 
I like imagining how things could be different from how it is today. 
If we turned left instead of right, if we said yes instead of no...  

Maybe I should make a series of these, talking about various things and what life would be without it. I would ask you to leave a comment saying whether this appeals to you in any way, but there is probably no one reading this! :-)

Well I hope you enjoyed my 2 pence worth, my little imaginary blog reader- where ever and whoever you are!



*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment