Thursday 25 April 2013

I'm gonna miss you everywhere.

Today I found out that one of my best friends is moving to the country, a 5-ish hour drive from where I live.
Which like like chocolate covered salty peanuts.
Not in the sense that it's disgusting, but in the sense that it is bitter sweet.

I remember when she told me that they were going to an auction to try and buy it, and it I didn't take her seriously. I didn't think that she was going to get the house, to be honest.

The house is lovely with lots of land. And I'm happy for her. I really am.

I think it's harder to watch someone leave than you going yourself.(Obviously both are painful...unless you are escaping from mars and the martians who are about to eat you. Then it might be more of a relief...I watch too much Doctor Who :-)

I've had more experience of the latter when I moved to Australia,and back again just when I'd settled in (another blog post right there).
The reason I think that's harder because when you move you have many exciting new things to do and memories to make. You're so busy creating your new life; but when you are left behind, 

you are still living the same monotonous life with no major life overhaul to distract you. 
And when you see things/places/people that remind you of that person, all you are reminded of is the void that they have left.

'Oh, I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.'
~ Cup song, Pitch Perfect. 
Although its originally: 'You're gonna miss me when I'm gone'. 
But I changed it. Just like everything is changed,
Now. 


*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment