Sunday 21 April 2013

Isn't it Ironic. Don't ya think?

So recently I've fallen in love with a song called Ironic by Alanis Morissette. If you by any chance haven't heard this song, you can check it out HERE.  I came across it because my singing teacher suggested that I do it for my upcoming singing exam.
 I don't know what I love so much about this song, I've just had it stuck in my head for the past couple of days; and I've been singing it everywhere, even at school which is usually reserved for Disney songs, my fave at the mo is 'Like other girls' from Mulan 2,  I love the fact that it teaches girls that they don't have to fit the mold that society creates for them. That, and its super catchy and dance-able (technical term right there) and the girl who keeps mentioning cake would sooo be me.

As you can probably tell from my babbling, I do in fact enjoying music and singing!! *feigns shock*. I also adore drama and I feel that drama and singing go hand in hand, one almost a facet of the other. 
I looovvvee playing parts. In addition, and I didn't realize this before, but my parents pointed out to me that every time I get into an argument with them or encounter a difficult situation, soon after I am likely to be singing. I thought about why I do this:

1)Slowed breathing: When I am tempestuous my breathing becomes shallow and sped up. As you may know, singing requires lots of breathing control, and by singing it regulates my breathing.

2) A sense of escape: Like I mentioned earlier, when I sing, its almost like I'm someone else. This helps me to detract from my often acidic situation.

3) To get my emotions out: Some people scream, some people punch things, some people go for long walks, some people fester it inside of them. 
I, sing particularly impassioned songs. Par exemple, when my dear mother and I were going through I little spat, I used to sing Taylor Swift's 'Mean'  really loudly all around the house :-)


Sooo yeah. A few reason why I sing... ( which is clearly randomiest thing ever from random land, not sure where my stimuli for that came from...)

Started this post on friday, finished it on sunday, so I had to delete the bit that said 'Have a nice weekend'.
So instead I'll say, have a nice week.

*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment