Thursday 8 August 2013

A catch up and BABY LIPS!!!!!

My best friend Charlotte had just returned from an amazing trip to Italy (slighhhtlly envious...) and we definitely needed a well over due catch up.

*Charlotte also has a blog, filled of her cool photography & days out-check it out HERE.
(She is also doing a similar post to me that is live now!)*


REVELATIONS were MADE!

PLANS were PLANNED! (kinda)

SHOPS WERE SHOPPED! (just one shop)

I'm making it sound like it was a lot more exciting than it was; but nevertheless I did have a great time.

We went to our local town, walking through the park, which gave us a lovvveelly chance to catch up. 
Then we went to Starbucks; where I tried for a while to put some money on my Starbucks Card...in order to get a discount (cheapskate for life! Internet high five me if you are too).

After THAT was sorted out, the next port of call was to go into 99p store (I told you I was a cheapskate) to pick up some snacks for the movie night that was happening the next day.(The movie night is actually in a hour as I type this :-).

Then we kinda gravitated towards Superdrug, it's like we had no control over ourselves at all! We trawled around the shop for a bit; and after much deliberation (the most indecisive award goes to...) I decided not to get anything at all. Charlotte was buying some water and as we were queueing up we saw the most marvelous sight: 'Baby Lips'. Check them out Here.

~Baby Lips: Sold by Maybelline. Claim to be like a lip balm but more, and I'm a sucker for lipbalms. The more part is that most of the shades are tinted in one form or another, so you can wear them by themselves for a lovely subtle pop of colour.~

But this wasn't the main reason I was excited for these products, oh no. 
In America Baby Lips have been out for what seems eons, and nearly every American Blogger/Vlogger/Guru has mentioned these bad boys at some point. 
At first I looked into them, but alas- they were not available here. 
And you always want what you cant have, right?!? 
So just imagine my excitement of paramount proportions when they were just sitting before me in all their Baby Glory?

They had a '3 for 2' offer on ( Buy three, only pay for 2) which I believe is still on, so skedaddle down to your nearest Superdrug if you feel so inclined!   

And since we definitely WASN'T going to leave Superdrug without the Baby Lips, we thought we might as well pick up a Barry M Gelly Nail Polish as they were on 2 for £6 (or £3.99 each). I love the Barry M Gelly Nail Polishes as I can actually use them. On a number of occasions I've gone through a whole bottle of nail polish- but having nothing to show for it on my nails.
 If one nail smudges, you have to start all again and the formula can be streaky or bubbly.....
But not the Barry M ones! The Formula is super thick and opaque and if you use a good Nail Dryer, ( I like the Sally Hansen 'Dry Kwik' see HERE.)the polish dries in no time at all! 

So we walked back through the park after our very successful purchases (saving nearly £5!) and I broke the news to Charlotte that I've actually have had a blog for ages. I know, I know- I'm a bad friend. I wasn't actively hiding it, just not telling her. She had a blog too, and I wasn't that confident in mine just then to share it with her. But I bit the bullet, and now I feel and ton better for it. 

We took the pics for this post in the park, so here goes! (Other people must of though we were crazy, taking pictures of us with lip balms!)

   Aww, look how excited I look with all the products! ( 'All' meaning 5...) 
     


     Having to open the packing on a product is one of the hardest things! 
       You just want to keep everything pristine but use the product at the same time ahah.
           
     This is what Charlotte bought, I'm sure she'll speak about what she thinks about these products, as I haven't used them. But the colours look great and I'm sure I'd like them.
                        

I got the Baby Lips in Peach Kiss, which is very natural on my lips. It does have a slight shimmer to it, which looks really sweet. It has a lovely artificial peach smell, that for some reason reminds me of my childhood. I love it.

The next Baby Lips I got was in Cherry Me. Let's all stop and appreciate how darn cute that name is. Cherry me, as in Marry me-right?!? 
Cute names just make me love a product even more. This one smells like my favourite flavour Chupa Chups lollipop.... in Cherry (duh). 
I can't give a well-rounded evaluation of these as of now, but if I really love them/hate them; chances are you'll be hearing from me.One thing I had noticed is that even though they can feel really moisturising at first, they dry down and leave your lips a little dry. I don't know whether that's just me, but I'll have to give it a couple more uses before I can back this up.

The Barry M nail colour is so amazing. It looks more pastel in the picture, but on the nails it is definately a BRIGHT highlighter pink. I do own another Barry M Nail Gelly, and its a dark purple-so I wanted something bright for the summer. I definitely got that! The formula is exactly what I expected, it gives you a high shine  look, said to be likened to going to the salon.
 I'm wearing it on my nails as I type! (nice visual for you there).



What I've learnt from this post: 

  • That I'm a major cheapskate
  • That I HATE opening products for the first time
  • That I'm kinda confident in my blog now (otherwise I wouldn't have told Charlotte)
  • That artificial peach reminds me of my childhood
  • That I've used 'that' and '(brackets)' waaayyy too much in this post :-)





Here's a picture of the beautiful Charlotte, if you care to see. 
(Internet high five for the cheapskate thing earlier! *bam*)



*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting article I should really get a blog oh wait I fo :)

    ReplyDelete