Wednesday 10 April 2013

My everyday makeup routine

So I don't wear makeup everyday, nearly everyday I go au naturale; but on the days that I do wear makeup this is what I am likely to be wearing. 

Somedays, time and zest depending, I'll tone it up or down- but for the most part this is what I wear!

So now my long intro is over- lets get onto the products! 
All the makeup products displayed fashionably on my bedroom carpet!
I apologise for the bad pic quality....


First I take the
Neutrogena Oil-free moisturiser £3.13
Which is great for my oily acne prone skin and is currently 1/3 off at boots :-)- score!

 And mix a blob of that with
Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear foundation (16 hour wear, SPF 20, Oil Free) My shade is 6 Golden £5.99:
on the back of my hand, and then apply it to my face with my fingers-It's all about time efficiency here!
This ensures a coverage that is light and non-cakey, yet still moisturising and providing some coverage.
This foundation is in the same range as the concealer that everyone went nuts over in the blogsphere, and I find it to be pretty decent!  (3for2 at boots BTW)

Next I take the

and roll it under my eyes and pat the product down with my ring finger as it is your weakest finger and will give the least pressure on your delicate undereyes. Its also super cooling! This is quite expensive for what it is but I got it from Tesco's for £1.75 at a seemingly one off price? Whatever- I'm not complaining!

After that I pat not  rub- as not disturb the products underneath
Collection Sheer Loose powder:...Which I couldn't find on the boots website, but found it at Superdrug  for £2.99 or 2for5 across selected products.

I used a 
Barbara Daly Powder Brush
to do this-which I purchased as a set of 5 brushes for £10.
I can't find them online, but this Youtube video should provide some insight into how they work.

Next I dusted the
Collection 2000 Shimmer Shades 'Blushalicious Blusher'
lightly over my cheeks which gave my a nice natural glow.

For brows I used

                                     Natural Collection Solo Eyeshadow in Crushed Walnut 
                                     £1.79 and picked up product with a eyebrow brush 
 (sorry, don't know where it is from) and brushed that through my brows.
and I set all that with

(Nearly there... I promise!)

Next, I curled my lashes with 
some cheap eyelash curlers that I got year ago from Sports Direct, I believe.
 I didn't even know that they did cosmetic related things at the time!
I put a bit of the
in my tight line. (The top water line, so to speak). This transferred to the bottom water line throughout the day, but I didn't mind how this looked, I liked it actually!
Then I used the
which is more lengthening to be honest, but lovely all the same.


Then I dusted some of the 
 with my finger.
I found  fashion fair products on Debenhams website.

Lastly, I put on some

Phew! That was extensive! Takes me about 10-15 mins to apply.
The coloured underlined words are links (non-sponsored) that will take you to the specified product if you click on it!
If you've read to the end, well done you! I put a lot of effort into my posts and I really appreciate it.

I tried to take some photos of me sporting the look, but my crappola camera didn't pick up the details, so I deemed it kinda pointless.
Anyho-


*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment