Thursday 20 June 2013

MUA Artiste Palette

I've been doing a lot of advice-y type posts, so I thought it was time to switch it up!


I'm going to review a multi-use palette by a brand called MUA, which- as far as I know, is a brand only available at SUPERDRUG stores.

The palette contains 6 eye shadows, 2 blushers, 1 bronzer and 1 highlighter.
The eyeshadows have a 'marbled effect', evident in the pictures.This means that the shadows have speckles of a complementing colour in there.
 I don't think it makes much difference to the overall colour on the lids, but it does look very pretty in the pan, and I'm all over pretty!

MUA do a whole range of affordable, generally great quality makeup pieces for the price.

I was kindly gifted this palette by Amy, over at The Camera's Lying Blog and The Camera Lies Beauty
via a twitter giveaway, of which I was lucky enough to have won! :-)

Thank you, Amy! *Does Girl Guides Thank you clap, brownie points if you know what I mean!*
'thank you
       thank you
              thank you
                     thank you!'

After a verrrryyyyy long day, I came home to this little palette in the mail, along with a handwritten note which I thought was so sweet of Amy!

Being a fiend of all things shiny and colourful, I had to swatch the colours right away; no matter how tired I was at the time.

I was quite impressed, especially as this palette retails for £4 in Superdrug, I believe.

The matt bronzer is perfect for my skin tone (and I suspect it would be for most skin tones, its that kind of versatile product we all love!)

 'Chocolate' would have to be my favorite colour, (5th colour in from the left)  and I usallly use it as an all over lid colour; as it is neutral yet provides a subtle shimmer. 


Blush/bronzer/highligher from the second row.
left-right: Pink Sparkle; Primrose, Bronzed, Shimmer Kiss

                    Eye shadows from the first row.
        bottom-top: Pistachio, Mocca, Ice,Grape,Chocolate,Cookie.

(Informative little side note:
Funnily enough, I was eyeing up this palette a few weeks prior, and decided to maybe get it later on: I obviously didn't have to..)

Hope that was interesting, not really sure how to do these type of things haha.







*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment