Thursday 12 September 2013

Dove Intensive Repair Line

Previously posted as a Guest Post on Sophie's blog, but thought I'd post it if anyone hasn't seen it yet. (check her out HERE)


I recently subscribed to Company Magazine. (which is not the focus of this post but it's a really great mag btw) and when you subscribe, you receive a free gift. If you know me, you know I'm all over anything that is free.

I received the 'Dove Intensive Repair' line. This was a blessing in disguise as I didnt realise how damaged my hair actually was. My brother is getting married early next year, and I'm a bridesmaid. I want to grow my hair out, but have it still look healthy. Using any random product I can find in the bathroom probably isnt the best way to do this.



The intensive repair line contains good sounding stuff like 'Hydrolyzed Keratin' and  'Hydrolyzed wheat protein'.
The Hydrolyzed Keratin is particularly important because your hair is made from 80% Keratin anyway- so its as natural as it gets.
 It repairs the hair shaft, increases elasticity, volume and future breakages.(Read more HERE

Some products in the line DO contain Sulfates (hey, its not a miracle product) but I wouldn't what that to put you off as they still great products. (For the low price as well!)

Still, I'm guessing its less of a gimmick than the products that contain a crap-ton of silicons. *I'm looking at you, Herbal Essences....*

This is what Dove have to say:

Dove®Intensive Repair Shampoo + Conditioner system contains breakthrough Keratin Repair Actives that absorb into Keratin already present in your hair, and repair proteins at the cellular level. Lustrous locks without excess residue:
• Gentle, everyday moisture doesn’t weigh hair down.
• Strengthens hair* and prevents split ends.
• Leaves hair silky to the touch and healthy-looking.
• Hair is easy to manage and style.

 Honestly and truly, I'll have to agree guys!
 Its the best thing ever. (Read to tune of 1D's 'Best Song Ever' for maximum effect.)

My hair feels pretty damn soft. Probably the softest in been in recent memory; and smells the way you want your hairs to smell after washing. I'll probably be repurchasing. *she softly strokes her hair whilst typing*.




The shampoo and conditioner 
Intensive masque-thing

Express Treatment Conditioner 
Leave-In Creme and Conditioning spray



So now I've spruced my hair care up, maybe this will give you the notion to pay more attention to any part of your beauty regime...or even lifestyle. (Next on my list is to take better care of my hands- I can't remember the last time I moisturized them.. Don't judge me :-).



For more rambling you can:

Chat to me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rachie228
See my beautiful big nosed face on Instagram: http://instagram.com/rachie228



If you've read to the end...well done you! Its a long 'un. 

*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx


*Not sponsored
*Sorry for bad pic quality 






3 comments:

  1. Great post! My hair could definitely use a good taking care of so I might just have to give Dove products a try for a change. As for Herbal essences- perhaps I should start looking more into what I'm actually putting on my head :S Thanks for the lovely and educational read! <3 xx
    p.s your hands can't be as bad as mine-I don't think I've ever moisturized them >_<

    Head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thanks for reading :-). Yep, I strongly recommend them! My hair has a tendency to go frizzy after washing, but not with these. Its actually really interesting to research all the ingredients, I didn't know that Kertain played such a huge part in healthy hair!
      Thanks lovely xx

      Delete