Monday 8 July 2013

My summer makeup routine!!

Since my most popular post is 'My everyday makeup routine', I thought I would do another (giving people want they want and all... Says the girl with a 0 follower count haha). Of course I couldn't do another post exactly the same, I wanted to mix it up; and since the word on everyone's (and by everyone's I mean the part of England that I live in) is summer, I had the amazingly amazing idea to do a summer everyday makeup routine; the emphasis being on the summer part.  Genius, right?!  
  
As I'm pretty sure most people don't wear the same makeup in the dead of winter as they wear on a glorious summer day. ( Like Today in England, btw. Highs for 27 Degrees- yes please. ~ A short poem by Rachel Reid :-)

On most summer days I don't wear any makeup up at all, but now and again I tend to a have penchant for wearing a bright lipstick with no other makeup. Par example: today!

We just got a family iPad, so I apologise if I'm a bit snap-happy. It's so much easier than having to take  pics on your camera, download to your computer, edit etc. Now my photos will be as candid as they come!!!

Anyway, I digress. Yet again. But some days in the summer you might be going to a special event… (E.g: summer in the city- I'll be there!) and you just feel a little bit too naked with next to no makeup on. So I present to you: 

My summer makeup routine!!

Finally, you all gasp in unison. 
~First I take the Revlon PhotoReady 'Compact Makeup' (my shade is 200 beige, if you care to know and it's a really good match, especially since I couldn't swatch it in the store!) It has a 'liquefying screen' which, according to Revlon 
"The cream makeup instantly liquefies for complete coverage and superior blend-ability. Lightweight powder finish. Perfected airbrushed skin in any light". I wasn't expecting it to be that good when I bought it, as it was a spur of the moment kinda thaanng; and although I was familiar with the 'photo ready' line- I hadn't heard anything about this particular product online.
 However, it was super easy to apply, with the sponge and mirror that it comes with (perfect for on the go, or even a festival!) and true to claims blends really nicely and looks soooo natural. One thing I can't stand is feeling self conscious because you are wearing your makeup too noticeably .

~Next to keep the makeup in place for longer, and mattify the skin in those hot (hopefully!) summer months, I use the Collection 2000 ( now asking to be called simply...'Collection'. Ohhh-err. Get them :-) Pressed Powder in 15 Warm Bronze. It also leaves a nice smooth feeling on the skin ( I'm guessing that's because its enriched with silk!)

~After that I curl my lashes with some random lash curlers and apply the Relvon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara in  Blackest Black. I wouldn't call it 'Volume' per say; its more Lengthening and  definition, but still a great product all the same. 
I don't know about you, but with all this 'PhotoReady' in there I just might have to wear it to Summer in the City, since I'll *hopefully* be photographed with some Youtuber's and  want to look my best! I give you permission to steal this look :-). ( Although it isn't groundbreaking, what am I saying?!?)


~To finish,   I apply the Relvon Lip Butter (excess use of Relvon not intended.) in the shade 010 Raspberry Pie.(what I'm wearing in the earlier picture). It's a really pretty colour; but its light and not drying on your lips, as conventional lipsticks have a tendency to do. You can sheer it out, or apply a couple of layers and have a really statement lip. I love its versatility!   
Or... It's just the staple we all know and love Vaseline. Sometimes a girl needs a bit of Mosturizing 'ya know?


Sooo that's it! I apologise about their being no promised Monthly favorites, time just snuck away from me as it has a habit of doing recently. I lost the list with all the things I wanted to include, so that's my totally acceptable reasoning. Right?!?

 I'm so drained from school and can't wait for the hols (2 weeks left!!) I have a list as long as my arm of things to do... whether that happens or not, we'll see ( we all know what happened the last time I promised to do something :-) 

I feel that this post has been really long and I really need to try my hand at condensing. But writing this exact sentance is just making it longer so.....

*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx



3 comments:

  1. Very easy but effective routing. My photo ready compact has been sleeping for a while. I should get it out now that I'm working towards a lighter look especially in daytime.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I meant routine not routing. It is disgrace to claim to have worked as sub editor.

      Delete
  2. Thank you.
    Congrats on being my 1st commenter! haha :-)
    Yes, piling on a full face of makeup does seem a bit too much when it's 32 degrees Celsius outside!


    No worries, I know I've made a fair few typos in my time.

    ReplyDelete