Sunday 21 July 2013

Say Hello To Yellow.


I recently bought a new nail polish. And I can safely say that I'm maybe *this* much obsessed.
Its this beautiful vibrant banana yellow colour, that somehow manages to not make the wearer look like they have a disease and instead looks beautifully summery.

Its not pale enough to be a pastel, yet not bright enough to be a neon. It strikes that difficult balance and the result is truly unique. I can't think of the last time I saw someone wear a nail polish similar to this.

'What better time to break out of your nail polish rut and try something new than summer!' 
Was my justification, swinging my Debenhams carrier bag through the shopping center: a pricey/bright/slightly scary nail polish secretly nestled inside.
It's a Butter London nail polish in the shade 'Cheeky Chops': if you want to get your desperately plain fingertips on it.

This was my first Butter London polish, and I must say that I am quite impressed with the smooth and easy application... and the opacity in one coat! 
Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen you heard right (which I was not expecting, espically being such a light colour)
So yes. I'm not sure whether this is a summer fling, but I'll let you know if in the colder months I'm still reaching for my banana nail fix. 

*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx

-------------------------------------EDIT: 30/7/13-------------------------------------
Barry M currently have a promotion where if you spend £6 on selected Barry M, you receive a free limited edition nail paint. There are two colours to choose from: Pink and Yellow (quite similar to the one I reviewed up there!) 

If you want to dabble in the world of yellow polishes but are not prepared to fork out circa £12, this offer may be a good place to start! Link HERE

1 comment: