Wednesday 30 July 2014

Summer Checklist- Revisited

This time last year (almost to the day!) I wrote a blog post called 'Summer Checklist'.
I spoke about a number of things I'd like to achieve.

I thought it would be a good idea to see whether, a year later I have achieved them.
A follow up wasn't my original intention, but I'm going going with it ;-)

1) "to practice my keyboard like a crazy person. My Grade 5 exam is scheduled for November and I'm waaayyyy behind."
Okay. I didn't practice as much as I probably should have... and it was touch and go for a while- but lo and behold November rolled around and I got a high pass. I didn't get a Distinction; but I didn't fail.

2) "I'm probably going to redecorate my room, which I'm super excited about.I'll do a blog post devoted entirely to this topic once I plan it a bit more...and not to mention pictures of when its finally finished! '
YES.  This, I can safely say I have done. I love love love my room now and would love to do a whole post dedicated to its new state, but its just occurred to me that I have no pictures of what it looked like before so they'll be nothing to compare it with! 
D'oh.


3) I'm going to try and eat as healthily as possible. I'm not going to cut out sweet treats completely, just greatly limit my intake; and have something healthy instead.
E.g: Banana>Cake. 

I actually did follow this through from August to about April (my brothers wedding was in April and I wanted to.... resemble a elephant as little as possible). 
But after the wedding I kind of just let myself go. 
:-(. But I have prom in less than a year so I better get back on a treadmill or something otherwise I might as well just go as an elephant.

4) Like I mentioned earlier, my body clock is messed up. I'm going to bed too late and waking up too late. 
Huh. I'm still working on this. It's probably gotten worse, if anything. I need to get into my head that watching a film at 1am is not good, and 2pm is not an acceptable time to wake up.

5) I have a little bit of homework to do... 
I actually don't have a lot of proper homework to do this summer, but I want to get a fully functioning revision timetable up and running so I'm at least a little prepared for my GCSE's next summer.

6) Have fun.
Yeah, okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment