Wednesday 19 February 2014

The Red Tour!!!!



On of 1st of February 2014, I went to see Taylor Swift LIVE at the o2. I've been a maahossive Taylor Swift fan for as long as I can remember. The main thing I love about her is that she tells stories through her songs. I love a good story, as you may know :-)


I went with one of my friends, Daisy. We went to a buffet restaurant called 'Jimmy's. 
I wish I got some better pictures of the decor, because it was crazy. Because it served food from all different countries, they reflected this in the design, which I thought was really neat...

The only picture of the decor I got, outside the toilets (The Western themed bit with the road signs)
Sorry for the crazy face I'm pulling- I was a bit over excited and definitely believed I deserved a snack!

This is what I wore. It's pretty much all from Primark, haha.
Also, I apologise for the state of my surroundings, we are re-doing our house and therefore all the walls were stripped.
Skater Dress: Primark
Disco Pants: Primark
Black Boots: Primark
Necklace: Beaverbrooks
(Such a rubbish picture, but the only full length one I have!)




Yes, that's my mum in the mirror taking the picture. Couldn't find it in me to crop her out. :-)




Daisy and I on the way there! I look pretty composed in the picture, but believe me, I was jumping off my seat the entire car journey.


Daisy and I
(Coat: Peacocks)



The actual concert itself was amazing. 
Think strobe lights, 
drums, 
people flying through the audience, 
ballet, 
crazy costumes from clowns to paparazzi, 
a performer that is as good live as she is on her album, 
Taylor performing bare footed whilst walking down a thin walkway suspended in the air and singing about danger (treacherous), 
amazing dance routines, 
so many costume changes done in a matter of seconds, 
 a crowd that's as excited to be there as you are, 
Taylor being carried through the crowd whilst singing( not quite crowd surfing, but near enough)
'You Belong With Me' sung soul. That was cool. Take a classic song and switch it up. Those backing singer's harmonies were tight.
ED SHEERAN turning up unannounced, 
The Vamps playing beforehand, 
I repeat: ED SHEERAN being there.
And many other things that would take too long to type.

It was a magical time. I got some recordings, but in all of them you can hear me singing really embarrassingly loud. Whoops.


I ask you kindly to ignore my face but acknowledge how close we are to the stage! EKK! Not quite the pit though ahah.




I had a great time. What's the best concert you've ever been to? 


*Sparkle* 
Rachel   xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment