Friday 30 August 2013

The Liebester Award




Hiya everyone! A slightlly different post today.
I've been nominated for the Liebester award by Lizzie from: http://head-full-of-flowers.blogspot.co.uk/
 (!) Thank you so much! My blog is my own personal creative space, and its so cool that a few other people are enjoying it too!
 I'm really happy for the opportunity to connect with more bloggers out there.

( I had no idea about this award before Lizzie contacted me, so this is in her words):

"The rules for the award are basically-answer the  questions given to you by your nominee, then nominate up to 10 of your favourite upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Then Notify them on their blogs (no tag backs!!) and of course, remember to write them up to 10 questions! It's a great way to connect with other bloggers while getting more out of your own blogging.

So, here goes! I have 5 to answer so I'll be asking 5 also."

*If you've been nominated by me skip to the end to see the questions you have to answer!*

Here goes with the 5 questions that Lizzie asked me. Hopefully you'll learn a bit more about me too!

What do you like the most about blogging?


Hum, that's a tricky one.
Probably that there are no boundaries of any kind- I can put up what I want, when I want to.
Its completely mine to do what I want with it.
Oh, and that most people I've interacted with who are into blogging are super nice too :-). *ahem, LIZZIE*

If you had to drink one drink forever, what would it be?

If you know me, you know I drink A LOT.
And even though I love coke, drinking coke forever would be seriously unhealthy; and I get bored of it every now and again.
  I guess it'll have to be water, I never get bored of it and its healthy. Super boring- but true.

Favourite book/magazine and why?

I read all the time. Picking favourites are near-enough impossible. Here are some of my picks of the mo. I'm going to include a quote from each book so that you can get a feel for the story without me giving the synopsis away.

“I'd had nearly four years of experience looking at these clocks, but their sluggishness never ceased to surprise. If I am ever told that I have one day to live, I will head straight to the hallowed halls of Winter Park High School, where a day has been known to last a thousand years.” 

"I looked at a T-shirt flung carelessly on the floor. What was it to be human? To feel the breeze against your face and know that nothing lasts? If Marcus could have lasted, would he have changed? I could smell change and goodness somewhere in his scent. Standing there, in his room, his life spread out before me, in clothes and music and passion, I saw the speed at which he'd lived. No time for regrets. No thoughts of the hereafter."

and

MILA 2.0 by Debra Driza. 
“The room was a small square of hopelessness.
A flash of red. And then:
Dimensions: 10 ft. by 9 ft.
I swallowed a horrific giggle. Perfect. And now I knew the exact measurements of hopelessness.”

(Click on each link to go to their respective Goodreads pages)

 Magazine would have to be Company- its jam-packed with fashion, beauty inspiration.

What is your fondest memory?


When I was about 5 or six, my brother was working part-time at McDonalds whilst at college. My mum and I went to pick up some food from there, and on the way home I remember him leaving the joint and running down to street with tomato ketchup and a happy meal toy for me. I didn't even know that it was his shift and it was such a lovely surprise. Little stuff like that mean a lot to a 5/6 year old...ya know?

Another is, in Australia on Christmas Day. Because its obviously summer over there at Christmas time; we all had Lobster and lounged by the pool-side. That was probably the biggest Christmas I will ever have, there was so many of my family members there and we were all so genuinely happy.

Anything you can never leave the house without?

I don't really take that much out with me, I take a small shoulder bag which prevents my bag from resembling a Mary Poppins bag.

 However, one thing I always have to take is the Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets. I have super oily skin; so whether its' picture day at school or a shopping spree with my friends, I NEED these on my person. Without them I'm a spotty, stinky, sebaceous MESS.
However, they are kinda hard to get hold of... and I'm running out :-(.

Enough about that, I think.

 My 6 questions are:

1) If you could go back to any era in time, which would you visit?
2) Can money buy happiness?
3) Favourite place you've visited
4) One word to describe you
5) Favourite animal
6) One product you can't live without.

Nominating 5 blogs was relatively easy for me, as most of them I'm following already.

http://www.scarphelia.com/  <----- This one in particular is one of my all time faves! :-) 

Thank you again to Lizzie for asking some interesting questions, I sure had a lot of fun answering them. Make sure you go check out her blog!

*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment