Wednesday 21 August 2013

Miracle in the making.

Anyone who know me, knows that I'm a litttllllee obsessed with Youtube. If you don't know what Youtube is....I'm not even going to finish that sentence. You MUST know what Youtube is.


Anyway, it takes up a heck a lot of my time. I watch video's whilst I'm getting ready/cleaning/cooking/dancing/learning/talking/sleeping   and i have been doing for over 3 years (I can't watch Youtube videos while I'm sleeping, but if I could; I probably would.)
I'm subscribed to 187 channels (and its being added to everyday!) which may not seem like a lot, but when you're watching nearly all of the video's that each channel puts up- it's mahoosive.  I wish there was some way I could find out how many
hours  days I've spent watching Youtube videos.

I went to Summer In The City on the 17th and 18th of August. You can check out the post I wrote on this subject before going Here
It's basically a massive YouTube convention. I'll blog about what went down later on, maybe.

The initial point of this blog was not to ramble about how obsessed I am with Youtube; however.

Naturally loving Youtube so much, I'm always on the look out for new Youtube Channels. Rachel Talbolt ( from 'Check In The Mirror' on YT) announced that she was expecting a baby :-). I was looking through the comments, and someone mentioned 'The Bumps along the way' and 'DailyBumps'.
It's run by two young parents, Missy and Bryan Lanning

They wanted a child so bad, but the 'bumps along the way' sadly prevented them from having one..... until 2 weeks ago, when baby Oliver came along! They've been so brave in sharing their story, and possibly helping other families experience with loss like their's. They are such great parents, and people in general- and despite me being a mere teenage girl, I've become so invested in their life. 

It must be cray cray to have a new child and still vlog everyday on 'Daily Bumps', plus upload regular videos on  their parenthood channel 'The Bumps Along The Way'. They vlogged everything from Missy telling Byran she's pregnant; to each week a 'BumpDate' on how Missy and the unborn baby were getting along (and the size that the baby would be compared to a fruit) and even the birth itself. 

This has lead me to be obsessed with babies...in the least creepy fashion. Every time I see a cute baby I squel and become a wreck. It's like a maternal instinct or something. When I talk to my mum about it she laughs and just reminds me how much hard work they are, etc- like I'm actually planning to have a baby.

Anyway, enough about my creepiness. 
I believe Byran and Missy are friends with a Traditional Celtic band, 'Nelson at the helm'. They wrote an amazing song for Oliver. It's called Miracle in the making (Oliver's song). I purchased it on iTunes instantly. It's on constant repeat. I highly recommend for you to have a little listen, it's a tear-jerker, yo. 


I've basically just given a massive plug for DailyBumps
, but I do love so many YouTube channels. 
There might be a 'Favourite 
You-tubers'  video in the pipeline, so get 
excited!

I'm blogging from my hotel room on holiday, 
and if that isn't dedication, I don't know what 
is! 
You may appulade me later. Or now. 
Whatever floats your boat. That saying 
makes me cringe, ahah. 


*Sparkle*---
Rachel   xxx


----------------------------------EDIT: 17/09/13--------------------------------------

It's been 27 days since I initially posted this post, and since then, my subscriptions have increased from 187 to 260. That's 73 more. 
Told you I love me some Youtube :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment